Thank you for visiting our website.
We all know that unforeseen circumstances can get in the way of an event. In light of the situation with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Ministry Of Health has advised citizens to only travel when necessary among other measures forced us to reschedule the Century fun ride that was meant to happen on 22nd August 2020 and main event scheduled for 14th November 2020 until further notice. We hope you can understand the steps we’re taking to help keep our staff and attendees safe and we shall keep you updated in due course.
However, we are collecting information of persons who are interested in future Kajiado XC events. You can proceed to place your tentative entries through the button on the top right corner of this website. This information will help us to plan accordingly if the situation around Covid 19 improves in good time. Meanwhile, if you have any concerns about developments of Covid-19 in Kenya, visit health.go.ke
Earlier in the year, we introduced mixtapes to improve our offer for Kajiado XC and to complement our vision to promote artists by availing a buy music link for the individual tracks on the mixtapes posted on SoundCloud 🔞. We are still working on modalities to make an afterparty happen and your tentative entry submission will allow us to weigh the possibility of getting the critical mass needed to procure the service of the artists who will entertain you. Plan B will be to have a couple of deejays take the role of entertaining guests. Whichever way this plays out, remember to support the artists directly by buying their songs from the link provided in the mixtape description.
For more information about off-road cycling, we recommend visiting Mountain Biking in Kenya.
“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein, physicist.
- King of The Mountain (Men) – This is a 101km bike route, the cyclist that takes the shortest time will be the winner. Participants will be flagged off in intervals of one minute to ensure compliance with covid 19 regulations.
- Queen of the Mountain (Women) – This is a 101km bike route, the cyclist that takes the shortest time will be the winner. Participants will be flagged off in intervals of one minute to ensure compliance with covid 19 regulations.
- Adult Social Ride – This is a leisure ride around either the middle or short route.
- Afterparty – This segment is designed for those who want an outdoor experience without the workout. It’s also for the participants of any of the 3 categories above looking to socialise after Kajiado XC.
- Supplementary packages – These products will make your experience at Kajiado XC friendlier. More details available when submitting your tentative entry.
NB: Terms and conditions may change before the event date.
There are three route options through scenic Masai landscape;
1) Long Route – 101km and 1628m of climbing. Self supported ride for advanced riders with good navigation skills.
2) Middle Route – 58km and 765m climbing. This route will have checkpoints to guide the riders.
3) Short Route – 23km and 300m climbing. This route will have checkpoints to guide the riders.
Friday, 13th of November 2020 (Rescheduled until further notice)
17h00 – 18h30: 🚖 Bikes that need transfer to Kajiado are dropped a designated point in Nairobi.
Saturday, 14th of November 2020 (Rescheduled until further notice)
06h00 – 08h30: 📝 Registration and verification. Collection of bikes transferred from Nairobi at designated point in Kajiado.
08h30 – 09h00: ⚖ Event briefing, rules and regulations.
09h00 – 14h00: 🏆 KOM and QOM kicks off.
09h05 – 14h00: 🚴🏾♂️🚴🏾♀️ Adult Social kicks off.
14h00 – 15h00: 🚿🍔🍺 Freshen up, lunch, prize giving and vote of thanks.
12h00 – 21h00: 🎶🎤Afterparty and socialising.
17h00 – 18h30: 🚖 Bikes that need transfer to Nairobi are dropped at designated point in Kajiado.
Foreign nationals will have to make their own arrangements to arrive at the start/ finish points. Visit evisa.go.ke to apply for a Kenyan Visa.
We currently accept payments through M-PESA and there are two options to check out from the entries page
- Pre-paid M-Pesa Payment: Select this option if you have paid for Kajiado XC 2020 without going through the entries page on our website. Kindly note that you will be required to enter the M-Pesa transaction code received when submitting your entry. All participants MUST submit their entries through our website.
- Online M-Pesa Payment: Select this option if you would like to pay against the items on your cart when submitting your entry.
- Lipa Na Mpesa Till Number 549050.
NB: Those planning to pay during registration on 14th of November 2020 can do so at the registration desk. However, you will be required to submit your entry through the entries page on our website before getting a race number. Guests will not be allowed to participate for Kajiado XC 2020 without a race number.